Sales quick entries
You can use Quick Entries to save time by quickly entering sales invoices and credit notes that you create either in a different system or by hand. You can do this for one or more customers at the same time.
If you use the Quick Entries option to enter the details of a customer invoice or credit note, you can’t print this. If you need a printable version, use the sales invoices or sales credit notes options instead. You must also use these options if you want to record the sale of a particular product or service that you’ve created a record for. You also have to use these options for overseas customers.
Once you’ve entered a quick entry invoice, when the customer pays it, you record this against the invoice as a customer receipt. If you’ve entered a credit note, you can allocate, or if necessary, refund it, as normal.
Add a quick entry
- Go to Sales then from the drop-down list click Quick Entries.
- Click New Quick Entry and enter the following information:
|Type*||From the drop-down list to add an invoice, choose Invoice, or to add a credit note, choose Cr Note.|
|Date*||Enter the transaction date.|
|Customer*||Choose the customer.|
|Reference*||Enter a reference, for example, an invoice number from another system.|
|Ledger Account*||Choose the ledger account you want to use for this transaction.|
|Details||If necessary, you can enter additional information about the invoice or credit note.|
|Net||Enter the net amount of the invoice or credit note. If you're unsure of the Net value, enter the VAT Rate and Total instead. We will calculate the Net and VAT for you.
Tip: If your company is VAT registered and the Net, VAT Rate and VAT columns don’t appear, check you’ve entered your VAT scheme correctly in Settings in the Financial Settings section.
|VAT Rate||Choose the required VAT rate.|
|VAT||This calculates automatically based on the net or total amount and VAT rate.|
|Total||The total value of the invoice or credit note calculates automatically.|
- These details are compulsory.
- To add more transactions, on the next line, repeat the above step and click Save.
You’ve successfully recorded the quick entry which appears on the quick entries list and the customer’s activity.
Edit a quick entry
- Go to Sales and from the drop-down list click Quick Entries.
- Click the transaction.
- Edit the information as required and click Save.
Delete a quick entry
- Go to Sales and from the drop-down list click Quick Entries then select the quick entry to delete.
- Click the Delete button, and click Save.
You’ve successfully deleted the transaction and it no longer appears on the relevant customer’s activity.
Pay a quick entry invoice
- Go to Banking and click the required bank account. Click New Entry and from the drop-down list click Sale / Receipt.
- On the Customer Receipt tab, choose the customer from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Date Received and Reference.
- Enter the total amount paid then select the check box for the quick entry invoice you want to pay.
- Click Save.
How do I find the associated payment or receipt for a quick entry?