Recurring sales invoices troubleshooting
- Make sure the recurring invoice is set to Create and email automatically.
- Check that the Main Contact on the customer record has an email address.
- Add an email address to the Main Contact and subsequent invoices will be emailed straight away.
Invoices already created and not sent can be sent manually from the invoice list.
Check the following from the recurring invoices list
Has the recurring invoice finished?
You'll see a Finished label on the recurring invoices list. To re-start it, copy to a new recurring invoice and adjust the Ending date.
Has the recurring invoice been paused?
You'll see a Paused label on the recurring invoices list. To re-start it, select Resume from the Actions column.
Has the recurring invoice been paused for you to check?
You'll see an Action Required label on the recurring invoices list. To re-start it, check and re-save it.
Is the recurring invoice frequency set correctly?
Check the Next invoice date. If the next invoice date is incorrect, open the recurring invoice and amend the Frequency.
- Check that the filter at the top of the invoice list to make sure all your invoices are displayed.
We won't automatically update your recurring invoices when you amend a product record, as we don't know whether you want to apply these changes. This includes updates to the sales price, description, default VAT rate and default ledger account.
You'll need to edit the recurring invoice and update the required details. These changes are then reflected on any subsequent invoices.
Once the invoices have been created, they can't be re-produced or updated retrospectively.
- If any invoices have already been sent, you'll need to re-create them. To do this
- Create a credit note and allocate it to incorrect invoice.
- Create a new invoice manually.
- If the invoices have not been sent, you can select each invoice from the invoice list to edit them manually.
We won't automatically update your recurring invoices when you change a customer contact record, as we don't know whether you want to apply these changes. This includes updates to the delivery address, and terms and conditions.
However, we will update the invoice address.
We will automatically suspend sending invoices if you make global changes that affect the recurring invoice, such as changing tax rates or your VAT scheme. and we need to you check them before the next invoice is produced. See When recurring invoices are marked as Action Required.
You can't edit your recurring invoices in the mobile app.
Set the frequency to
- Every 3 Months, to recur on a particular date
- Every 12 Weeks, to recur on a specific day of the week.
Set up a recurring invoice with a Frequency of every 30 days to end after 3 occurrences.
This will create three separate invoices after 30, 60 and 90 days.