Run the Balance Sheet
This explains how to create a balance sheet report and what it tells you about your business.
If you’re not sure what the profit and loss report is for, see About the Balance Sheet.
Create a balance sheet
- Go toReportsthen click Balance Sheet Report.
- Enter the date you want to run the report up to. There’s no start date as the Balance Sheet shows the worth of your business from when you started trading, up to the date you enter.
To view how the values are calculated for a particular ledger account, click the relevant line.Depending which ledger account you want to view the details of, this links to either the Nominal Activity report or the Profit and Loss report for the same period. If required you can then drill down on these reports further to view the individual transactions that make up the values. To return to the Balance Sheet report, click Back on your browser’s menu bar.
- Click Calculate.
- To save or print the report, on the Export menu, click one of the following options:
- CSV – Depending on your internet browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder or you’re prompted to save the file. If prompted to save the file, browse to where you want to save it, then click Save.
- PDF – The PDF opens in a new window or tab and you can then print or save it from your browser menu.
Please note, if the PDF document doesn’t open in a new window this is usually due to pop-ups being blocked on your internet browser settings. To change these settings our Pop-ups blocked guide will help you.