Unallocated Receipts or Payments report
You can use the Unallocated Receipts or Payments report to easily identify sales receipts and purchase payments that aren’t allocated to a specific sales or purchase invoice.
The report shows the customer or supplier name, their current account balance, as well as any unallocated amounts. You can also refine the date range of the report to see transactions between specific dates.
For example, if you have a customer that appears on the aged debtors report, even though they have a zero balance, this report shows the outstanding transactions. You can then allocate the transactions together so only outstanding values appear on the aged reports.
To produce the report
- Go to Reporting then click More…then in the Cash Reports section click Unallocated Receipts or Payments.
- From the drop-down list choose Unallocated payments or Unallocated receipts.
- Click More then enter the dates you want to run the report From and To.
If you’ve created analysis types, for example for departments, you can also choose the relevant analysis type and category and only the transactions for that type and category appear.
- To view details of an unallocated amount, click the relevant line then to return to the report, click back on your browser menu bar.
- To save or print the report click Export then choose one of the following options:
- CSV – Depending on your internet browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder or you’re prompted to save the file > browse to where you want to save the file > Save.
- PDF – The PDF opens in a new window or tab. Open your browser File menu then choose to print or save the report.